Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Letting Go

After the drama of yesterday I am happy to say today was a great day.

My Mom showed up this morning to pick me up and take me to her place so she could save me from myself. I didn't go with her, but when she got here I started to pack which was great because I was having a hard time getting motivated. Even though it is childish I still feel like I need her to prove to me that I am a priority every once and awhile.

After she left a friend came over. He is a fellow writer and I feel very comfortable being creative with him. We discussed some creative things, and we laughed a lot. Laughter is so healing!

I was thinking yesterday in the depths of my despair that the times in my life when I am most creative are those times when I am also the most depressed. I turn to my creative outlets to relieve my pain. Maybe one of the reasons why all of this is happening at once is in order to be a catalyst for my 'art.' If that is the case then I am ok with the suffering.

Thank you so much God for the gift of this outlet. I have been looking forward to blogging all day. Now that I am here I don't have much to say, but I'm ok with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment